Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Great 38

 At the start line
 ...the finish line...
 Photo op with Chucky Mullins' aunt and uncle who adopted him...
We did it, we set a goal and we finished the Great 38 Half Marathon.  You might remember a year ago I was on a journey to run 12 half marathons in 12 months.  I did it, I completed it, and I did run another race for a solid year.  I did run a time for a solid six months.  I was OVER it.  In early spring I had a friend want to run a half.  She had her eyes on the prize and we set out to train, over the summer we did.  We ran in the heat, the humidity and through the miles I remembered I enjoy running and working toward something.  I had no plans to run for time ever again, but I can run with friends.  So after she completed her half, I found this one and it was one all of us could drive over to and do together.  It was awful.  The first five miles of hill almost killed me.  By mile 8 one of us had decided no more fuel was left in the tank, and we might as well walk, but we ran it in to the stadium, we laughed more than we complained, and we finished.  I can now say I ran a half marathon at halfway through a pregnancy

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers