Monday, February 18, 2013

Don't Call Homeland Security Just Yet

About a week ago, when Jett started waking up, I found it hard to get him to go back to sleep.  He wanted to be held and would just fight sleep.  So in my moment of insanity, I realized that if while I was holding him I used a light swaddle blanket and put it over my shoulder he would just kinda get bored and fall asleep, since he didn't really have any stimulation or anything to look at.  In the middle of the night, things like this make complete since to a sleep deprived mother, who has thought that maybe the light from the television is just to bright and is keeping him awake.  Well, one afternoon when he hadn't napped very much I told my mom about my new trick.  I leave her to hold him while I shower, and when I come back to check on them, this is what I find.  I did a double take.  Yes, my mom took me seriously on the head covering, and made a little turban for Little Boy Blue.  I laughed and laughed and she kept saying, "Well, you said he liked his head covered."  Bless his heart, we shouldn't call Homeland Security just yet, I promise this is not the beginning of a sleeper cell of terrorists in Pontotoc, just a grandmother's misunderstanding.



No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers