Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sing Along with Sadie

 My mom comes over on her way home from work every afternoon to offer help if I need any with Jett.  I always take her up because sometimes it's nice to have adult conversation.  As we are trying to get him on a schedule it is helpful that it is just around the time for his playtime.  She recites poetry to him, nursery rhymes, and Jett's favorite is the sing along time.  Move over Ethel Merman Jett loves a show tune.  The song time is at least thirty minutes of great entertainment for me.  There is no rhyme or reason to the order of songs, just loud and long.  At first it begins as a tour through the decades with songs such as The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Daddy Took the T-Bird Away, and The Age of Aquarius, it then morphs into a tribute to the Carpenters.  Next, you have a little Tony Orlando with Knock Three Time on the Ceiling.  Then comes the show tunes, with a nice sampling of everything from Mame to New York New York, throw in some tunes from Bye Bye Birdie and begin to slow it down with Happiness Is from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown.  Finally, Sadie rounds it out with some hymns and it is just about time for his nap.  Just for the record, Jett is fond of The Old Rugged Cross, not one of my all time favorites, he doesn't like Because He Lives, which is one of my favorites, and we both love The Family of God.  I personally end our singalong time with a soul winning invitational hymn, but Sadie likes a jazzed of version of Jesus Loves Me to be her encore.  While all this is fresh on my mind now, I want to have record of the silly things we did to entertain him in years to come.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers