Saturday, February 20, 2010

Can You Relate






As a child I remember this book...



Well, last week I had a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...



I even made a list on the board at school,



Read the book to my kids,



and had them write about their bad days...



My list looked like this...



My teeth...



My boat captain..



My forturne...



Some days are like that....even when you are an adult






So not everyone knows, but as a child I was lucky enough to inherit my dad's lovely teeth...well you know the space between teeth you learn about in biology when you study Punit Squares



well guess what I inherited mine from dear old dad...



After three years of braces...and a retainer later my space still crept back into my smile...so I had my teeth bonded...let me interrupt this post to give a shout out to my dentist. Fred Murphree. He runs an office on Pegram Drive in Tupelo...look him up he is pretty much the bomb diggity. Back to my bad teeth/day...well this bonding lasts about a year or two then it breaks and I have to go back. Well, when this comes out and the space is visible, I have a freak out attack and life for me stops...I have to go immediately to the denist. The space as it is now is not what she used to be, it is much smaller but I can't stand it. So on Wednesday of last week while brushing my teeth it happened. I tried not to panic, at 6:45 a.m. I make the call..and someone answers...Ms. Vickie? Yeah, Dr. Murphree's wife answers the phone...makes me an appt for the afternoon and then I resign myself to going to school with the Grand Canyon in my Grill.



Next, up at about 8:30 Cullen texts me to tell me that Phil Harris died. What, I can't take it..two bad things in one day...absolutely unbelievable. Oh right now you are telling me you don't know Phil Harris...well, shame on you. He was MY Captain. Oh Captain My Captain.



Since college I have been absolutely obsessed with the show the Deadliest Catch. Odd I know but Cullen even started watching with me, and then once we were married I got his parents hooked. If you have never seen the show I have the first season on DVD. Rule numero uno for watching is you have to have a boat. Oh you gotta pick one, since day one The Cornelia Marie has been my boat. She is one of the biggest and best ones so of course I love her. Well, led by Capt. Phil I have watched her win and lose against the Northwestern...C's favorite boat. Well, he died...my captain died. I'm sad and everytime the discovery channel puts his face on t.v. I am sad all over again.



Next up I've been teaching my kids about China as part of my National Boards stuff. I got them fortune cookies...wouldn't you know on my bad day the cookie I open...has no fortune..isn't that fortelling of how my week would be....hmm somedays are like that...at least that is what I told my students...even when you are an adult.

3 comments:

Wayne Carter said...

Dr. Murphree's the best! Glad he got your smile fixed.

You got me hooked on Deadliest Catch, too. But, I never picked a boat. I did hate to hear about Cptn. Phil.

So, you had a bad week...happens to everybody. Usually bad things come in threes...did I count only two. If so, you escaped one...be happy!

Wayne Carter said...

Oh yeah...the fortune cookie episode...missed that one. See, bad things often come in threes. But, the weeks over...be happy!

Bianca said...

I certainly can relate to your teeth problem. I went to Nevada last week to see Las Vegas cosmetic dentists and have my disarranged teeth checked. It turned out that the spaces between my teeth can be fixed by bonding, which falls under cosmetic dentistry. Las Vegas dentists were really accommodating to me, knowing that I came from a different state, so they agreed to do the bonding that same day. I hope your bonding turned out well too.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers