Monday, July 9, 2012

Boston

Right when I finished school in June and started my new job, I was ready for a vacation.  Cullen and I have talked for years about going to Boston.  So we booked a vacation for the Fourth of July and went.
 When we first got there we walked around, shopped around, and took in the sights.  
 Apparently Dunkin Donuts is what Boston runs on and we had it a lot.

 Of course we went to the original Cheers to see what it was like and wound up eating one day at the replica Cheers.
 On the Fourth we went to the Esplanade and saw the Half Dome where the Boston Pops played later that night.  We wound up getting a blanket and hanging out all day with about 10,000 other people to hear the show later that night where Jennifer Hudson headlined and to see the fireworks.



 The next day we spent walking the Freedom Trail.  From the first public school site to the Old North Church we enjoyed the hospitality of everyone and really loved Boston.





 The next day we went to Cambridge and saw Harvard and then for Cullen's favorite part of the trip we went to Fenway and watched the Red Sox and Yankees play.


 The Green Monster...I realize I have on Yankee Blue...that's because I really am a Yankee fan.

Cullen was super excited to be in Fenway...he acted like a ten year old.  For Cullen's birthday back in February, I decided I would give him tickets to this game.  Well, I got nervous about buying them too far out and he was skeptical I would follow through, but I did, and we went, I would go back tomorrow.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers