Monday, February 18, 2013

Cry it Out

Not a month ago I wrote a post called Walk it Out.  Well, just four short weeks later I am writing about not walking to get our baby here, but letting him cry it out to get our baby on a schedule.  I always planned while teaching that I would save all my sick days and personal and would have a long great maternity leave. And I would have...except I moved schools not once but twice, and I didn't plan my pregnancy, and my days all 43 I have are sitting in my state retirement, so armed with just 9 sick and personal, and 10 vacation days, and thankfully disability insurance I am set to take just 7 weeks off with Jett.  I thought that sounded like such a short time, and really it has flown by, but there are days I long for my office and my desk and seeing adults, and I wonder what would I have done if I had been able to take the planned 12 weeks off.  I say all that to say, that baby boy has to be on a schedule in just one month.  So pray for us as this week we will be crying it out in an effort to get baby boy to self soothe to some degree and sleep without being held.  This is not for the faint of heart, I will post updates as we make progress.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Sister I wish you the best with getting a tiny one on a schedule!!! It took me longer than a month to get JB on a schedule and then it would change once we had worked it all out.

I feel you on the adult interaction. Wal-Mart gives me a thrill nowadays!!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers