Thursday, December 24, 2009

Let me Catch you Up


On our lives...I realize up until my latest NYC trip you have been without faithful blogging for me. For this I am sorry. Life happens. Here is a quick trip down memory lane the last month or so...Get ready for a fast paced trip. Then I will excite you with posts about NYC with real pictures and all.

First stop on our trip...


November 1st. Our family celebrated my Grandmother's annual birthday dinner. This is the 20th celebration since her death in 1989. Every year we gather and have dressing and other holiday style foods. This is the official holiday kickoff for me. It was one week later this year because I was working an Emmaus walk on the prescheduled weekend.

And now our first pitstop...
Please remember me in your prayers...This is my National Boards Box...within it I have all things terrible and nasty...in other words all my nation board stuff. I am not looking forward to this process as much as I once was and no longer and giddy about it. I dread it, don't want to look at the box, and right now will not attempt to do anything with it until after NEW YEARS...(insert devilish laugh)


Next stop...Ellie's visit

Yes her parents brought her for a visit just before Thanksgiving. Yes she is cuter than ever. She is talking, sitting up and eating more than ever. Oh and for all of those wondering...yes, she still love Cullen more than she loves me. She reaches for him, laughs and talks to him, and just stares at him.








Next stop down memory lane...Thanksgiving...


China or Chinette? I hosted Thanksgiving for the second year in a row. The Pollards and the Carters came together for a slightly smaller gathering than last year. Every other year Brett and Kathy and Rayanne's Family aren't able to make it for other family obligations. This was our small year. Serving only 13. I


The night before Thanksgiving Cullen and I got into the discussion of what was correct paper plates of china. Well, it is conversations like these that can really divide a family or make you realize exactly how differently two people were raised.


I am the youngest grandchild on both sides of my family. Cullen is the oldest. So as I see it everyone was grown by the time I came along. Meaning that nice dishes were in no danger of getting broken. For Cullen there were lots of children around running and playing...lots could get broken.


For as long as I can remember at all holiday dinners on each side of my family we used China, even my dad's side and he isn't the China type of person, but it was just how our families did dining. Not once while holiday dining with Cullen's extended family have we used china. I accredit this to the size of Cullen's family. Most of our guest can easily sit at two tables. At a gathering at Cullen's family homes people abound.


However in our married life Cullen comments each year how crazy it is we go to all the trouble to get out the China some years bringing mom's as well and having to wash each dish afterward, and wash the table linens. Crazy or not it is now one of our family traditions. So until our family outgrows my 16 place settings and I can no longer borrow mom's 12 place setting we will be using china and silver and my newly monogrammed napkins.







Last stop...Christmas in the Delta


Cullen's sister Faren is very much a delta resident. I have stated time and time again how I don't know how anyone lives in the delta, but those that do love it... And I am happy for them.


Saturday, December 12 we went to the delta to celebrate Christmas with Faren and her boyfriend Dave. It was a very last minute trip. Cullen called me on Friday at 2:30 and said we were to go. So we went 6 hours round trip. Faren did what I normally do for holidays she provided the place and let her mom provide the meal. My mom likes Ms. Debi is an A+ caterer...The meal was driven the presents were brought and the Christmas plates were used. (when Faren gets married I'll monogram her some napkins ;)


I was only able to snap one or two pictures. Sometimes I just don't think about using my camera.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers