Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quotable Quotes---Nah



There are times in life I think of my mother and realize I could not think of life without her. There are other times when I think she makes me nuts. And most recently I have had several moments where I have opened my mouth and her words have come out. I have looked in the mirror and very distinctly thought I am turning into her.
Today I decided to begin a list of her quotes.
Just after I cleaned my kitchen today- a monumental event- Sadie called and wanted to prep some foods for Thanksgiving. Of course she did...my kitchen was gonna be clean for the first time in weeks. I put the clorox up and prepared the way.
Within the first five minutes these words were said....
Quote 1
"I just know there will be smoking in Heaven"- what??? Where did that come from? At this time I must tell you that my mother smoked in her 20's to keep weight off, in her 30's, 40's and 50's to relieve stress. She has been quit for 3 years and discusses it weekly. She misses it...She likened this saying to those people who think dogs will be in Heaven...she says no not me Felicia...and then moved on to her next topic. (I've never been more proud as to when she quit and still proud of her for staying quit)
Quote 2
"I don't know why I try to lose weight, I think God wanted me to be fat"- yes, those words came from her mouth. I think this was followed by I think I might write a book about it. I would love to read that book because she would give every diet known to man a personal account of whey God didn't allow that one to work.
Just wait. This is just the beginning of Thanksgiving week, I will spend at least 60 more hours with her and she will say more outlandish things. I can not wait. I pray for more great quotes.

After the Idiot's Delight was made I'll post a recipe later....and the pumpkin roll was made we sat down to watch the game. I can say I have never watched a game with my mother. I might not ever again. She watches a game just like me. She asks question after question...I didn't know the answers I just answered...and laughed to myself...yes, I am my mother. I tell Cullen I am a naturally curious person...that is true, but I could be genetically predisposed to question.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers