Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Week


First pic of the newly National Board Certified Teachers
Thanksgiving week seems like a lifetime ago. It started off with me finding out that I passed my National Boards and celebrating with my mom and Leslie that first Friday night. Cullen was in Baton Rouge that weekend for the Ole Miss/LSU game. He called to tell me he was standing by the tiger...I was like OKAY you see the tiger...thinking like the sidelines mascot...oh no it was like Mike, a real tiger...zoo.alive. breathing. eat your face off your skull tiger. Had I known that...I would have been much more caring and then I would have said....Cullen go stand somewhere else....but like I said I was still celebrating my pass....

I also took a trip to see Mr. McCarty in Merigold. Doesn't this picture make it look like we are old friends. Well, technically we are...I have loved him for years and I have more than paid for our friendship over and over again..

Left to Right (Bill Pollard-Mr. Jimmy's older brother, Will Pollard-the youngest Pollard grandchild, Jimmy Pollard, Marvin Pollard, Cullen Pollard-the oldest Pollard grandchild)
I spent most of the week cleaning and cooking...I thought it would be fun to host our close friends for a Thanksgiving dinner...non traditional of course and just enjoy fellowship...It was a fun night with great friends...but I didn't think it through...hosting 12 on Tuesday...cook and clean again Wednesday to host 30 on Thursday for Thanksgiving. It was a long day but one that was filled with lots of precious memories. We were able to host the Pollard Patriarch this year. Cullen's dad, Mr. Jimmy or JP as I have come to nickname him, lost his dad, James Everett Pollard to a heart attack when Mr. Jimmy was in highschool, leaving Marvin Pollard James Everett's younger brother the patriarch of the Pollard people. He lives in Kosiuscko and when I found out his daughter and her husband were coming into town and would be eating just the three of them I had Ms. Debi invite them to the Pollard/Carter Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun to have everyone together. Marvin (called Uncle Bubba by most of the family) even entertained the family with a few Gaither classics. That opened up the floor for my Aunt B to do a stand up comedy routine. Next year I have decided that post dinner we will have a variety hour. I might even give prizes for the best performances. Since I'll be the judge and the prize giver I may give extra points for creativity. All family that reads this be warned...you better bring your A Game because Cullen has some great impersonations.
I was truly thankful for the family and friends that could gather together, the family I've known my whole life and the ones that came along as a package deal with the cute boy I decided to marry.


This picture is hilarious to me...after most of the extended family left we sat around and watched the little ones play. This is my brother and I keeping an eye on the baby...can't you see how interested we were....yeah we both were tired and full...my mom says this is the only time we are nice to each other is when we are asleep...

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers