Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in Review


2010 was a great year for the Pollards. I wouldn't say it was any more wonderful than any other year but we were blessed. We remained healthy, our families have been healthy, and we were able to spend time with our families and friends.
January

We started our year at the CottonBowl for the second year in a row. It was a blast to get to see the new Dallas Stadium and was fun to experience it with good friends.

February

It flew by-Cullen turned 27, & went to the doctor for the first time since we have been together. My grandmother celebrated her 86th birthday.

March
March was most likely the most stressful month of my year. The problem of my procrastination came to an end. I spent the week of Spring Break beginning & finishing my National Boards. At the end of the month I mailed it off and I really don't remember anything else from that month, except that Pontotoc lost two really wonderful men Coach Kno & Mr. Jimmy Munn. Both were great Christian models.

April
Our sweet niece celebrated her first birthday. She had an Elmo party and we enjoyed watching her play in her sand/water table, swing, and blow kisses to everyone.

May

Meagan graduated high school at the end of May and the month was filled with parties, brunches, and other fun events.

June
We were able to travel 13 states this summer and to see some pretty great parts of the west. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary.

July

Our friends Kala and Preston welcomed their sweet baby girl into the world. I chaperoned the church youth group to the beach for Student Life. I went to another art workshop with my dear friend, Ms. Jenna. I celebrated my 25th birthday again.
August

August brought the start of school along with the Mississippi heat. We celebrated the first ever Jimmy Weatherly day and I was able to hostess the dinner held to honor him.

September
September brought a tragedy to our extended family with the loss of my sister/friend's dad. Our dear Rebels began their struggle through the football season and I worked another Emmaus walk. God is so good to his children in their times of need.
October

November
November was a crazy month. I began bus monitoring in November and the added time to the school day left me with some adjusting to do. Football season continued and Thanksgiving brought family from far and near to our home to celebrate. We celebrated togetherness, our blessings and the gift of friendship. We hosted a Thanksgiving meal for our close friends and hope for this to be an annual tradition. Most monumental moment of the month was finding out that my dear friend, Leslie and I had both certified in earning our National Boards.
December

December brought a whirlwind of activities that kept us busy from the first weekend's Christmas Bazaar, to Cullen's sister's Christmas Shower at our house, shopping, decorating, cooking, entertaining and lots of events along the way. We saw our first 'White Christmas' in our lifetimes, too. Leslie and I also both received Teacher of the Year at our individual schools. It was a magical year filled with great opportunities, many blessings, and left us with anticipation for the year to come.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers