Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mrs. Busby


Mrs. Busby was my second grade teacher. I remember few things about the second grade.
-We brought earthquake supplies to school
-We collected and mounted bugs for a science project
-She was a stickler about hand writing
-I began to hate math in second grade because of mad minutes
-the assistant always threatened to put me in the Ko-Ner...you know the corner but she said it really southern...
-my favorite outfit was my Watermelon outfit made by my mom and several Bubble Suits
-Mrs. Busby loved me--I just knew it! ;)

I now teach down the hall from Mrs. Busby. I was in youth group with her son and was able to student teach with her years ago. I have been poolside and beachside with her and love her to death. She is hilarious! She has a certain way to do everything from weeding her plants, to teaching about shapes. She lives on coffee, loves to iron, and gives the best hugs.
In the picture above she is modeling a scarf that I gave her 20 years ago when she taught me second grade. I can remember my mom making it and proudly giving it to her just before Christmas break. She has kept it all these years, it still looks pristine which is almost as amazing to me as her still having it. She says she will retire in May, I'm holding out for her to teach a few more years...and if that isn't the case...then I'm holding out for the retirement trip to the beach this summer.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers