Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Lucky One



Move over Nicholas Sparks, Pontotoc has a new romancer in town and ladies he is all mine. I know I have given Cullen a hard time for not being the most thoughtful husband. Now, he will wait on me, do the dishes, clean the floors and iron his own clothes, but when it comes to dates we are the standard dinner couple...oh when we were dating before we went to bed at 8:30 that was dinner and a movie...now we watch movies on Sunday afternoons.
But last night I was completely taken aback.
On Wednesday, Cullen texted me and said if you don't have plans on Friday- don't make any.
Hmm..I was intrigued. It is now a good time to tell you that I am not a person that is easy to surprise. I can pretty much put on my detective hat and figure out the surprise before hand, I ask leading questions, stalk emails and texts and find it out before the event happens or the item is given. While I would love to be surprised I also like knowing what will happen, not having high expectations to be let down and the like.
So with that being said, I questioned Cullen the minute he got home, what would I need to wear, and how would I prepare for this evening. His reply...oh can we move it to Saturday? What well scratch the limo ride that he had already booked or the weekend away...that I had pictured in my head. My outfit didn't matter he said...just whatever.
Guys do not understand that their just whatever outfit...khakis/jeans with a polo/buttondown shirt works for most occasions for them...we DO NOT have a just whatever outfit. Khakis are for teaching in and truthfully I don't own a pair. Jeans are awesome but we either dress them up or down...not really in between unless we know the situation in which shoes could make them fit the event...you see my leading questions were not leading me to the answer.
Fast forward to last night- Cullen calls me while I was laying out and I put my best friend on the phone to get some hints, he gave her no clue. That punk figured out my tricks...it took four years but he knows me now.
So the next information I get is to be at home at 5:30.
I get home, wait around a bit, and then I am led outback to our patio where I find twinkle lights in the trees, white table cloth on the table, candles, a flower arrangement and my McCarty dishes plated with filets, baked potatoes, asparagus, and bread oh and big surprise YOCNA Sauce. Yes, somehow Cullen now has the recipe for the divine sauce. It was a great surprise and ended a great day.
This boy across from me was so utterly unCullenlike...
While I've never watched the Bachelor I believe Cullen has watched and learned. Yes, ladies- be jealous.


1 comment:

Connie said...

Oh, this is sweet!! Good for Cullen!! Lucky you!! He's a keeper!!

I have lost your email. I still have tried to retrieve them all from my old computer! Don't know when that is going to happen!

Anyway, would you sent me your email so that it is in my new computer? I am wanting to know if you save Labels for Education.

Thanks, Felicia!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers