Saturday, March 5, 2011

Delta Dawn



This past weekend my Sister in Law, Faren, celebrated her lays days as a single gal. Because I have only known Faren for about six years and there is a large age gap between us, I knew I would be the oldest gal present, and she would be the only one I knew. I decided to bring along my sidekick and partner in crime, Leslie. And Leslie, who loves an opportunity to get out of town and meet new folks, jumped at the chance to head to the Delta with me.
We started our day about an hour later than planned and made it to the Greater Ghetto Area of Greenwood in about 2.5 hours. We quickly found their downtown area and managed to shop and meet some really sweet people. We stopped at the Alluvian and then headed to the hotel to meet up with the other girls. After getting ready we headed to Lusco's and then out to paint the town Red. It was a long night, it took me a week to get my sleep pattern back in order, but it was so much fun. I have been ready for her wedding for sometime, but now I'm just ready to see the girls again

1 comment:

Connie said...

Looks like lots of fun!!
Larry and I love the Alluvian! He still owes me a trip. We were headed down there, on the morning of our anniversary, when he slipped on the back steps, broke several ribs and collapsed a lung. Instead of a fun night at the Alluvian, we spent the night at Baptist Memorial!
Hugs,
Connie

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers