Saturday, April 9, 2011

Trigger's 60th




Trigger is the nick name given to Mr. Brent, my boss from college. I know that in the seven years I worked there I heard how he got the name...but can't for the life of me remember right now.
His wife worked really hard planning and pulling off a surprise party for him last night. He was surprised I'm sure for a couple of reasons. One being not many people really know is true age. He has always done a great job not showing his age, but after my many years working there I always remember he and my mom are the same age.

Mrs. Laura and many of the Chaney's girls wound up keeping him away from their home and out and about in Oxford to make sure the guests were in place when he pulled in around 7:30. The deck was filled with friends, family, & Chaney's alumni.

I was excited to see everyone, but also so ready to see Mr. Bob or Bob Bob as I call him. Mr. Brent's dad has always held a super special place in my heart. We have kept up with each other since I retired from Chaney's and I was so glad to see him. He and I have spent several Christmas Eve's wrapping gifts, many Valentine's Days selling perfume, and a few too many Thanksgivings eating left overs. He is a one of a kind.
Mr. Brent swears he was truly surprised. It was a great night with no detail being over looked. Mrs. Laura enjoys throwing parties and she again pulled off another wonderful event.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers