Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Todd Pollard

On Monday, October 10th, I was out of school for fall break.  It was wonderful.  I spent the weekend sewing and getting ready for Halloween.  I headed out the door to go to Tupelo when I heard a rustling in the leaves.  Looking back I expected to see a snake, but no- I found a turtle.  I ran inside put on my cooking mitt and ran back out to get him.  Of course I had to send Cullen a pic of our newest pet.  He immediately called me to tell me to put him back where I found him.  I didn't and left him in a bowl on the kitchen counter.  I ran to Tupelo and was back homing talking to my mom when she asked about something in the kitchen.  I then remembered Todd then name I picked for the turtle.  I race to the bowl only to find him not in the bowl.  I screamed and looked on the floor knowing I would find his remains and broken shell....it was no where to be found and I was panicking thinking about where he would turn up.  My brain had left me in the excitement- he couldn't have jumped he would have broken his shell...so I began looking and I found him across the kitchen in the sink chilling out in some water left in a frying pan.  Back on the oven mitts went and I put him back in a pet carrier.  When Cullen came home...this was the face I got.

And Todd went back home to his nice green grassy abode.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers