Sunday, May 13, 2012

Graduation

 Finally a major portion of this year has come to an end.  Graduation was one of the last major hoops we had to jump through this year.  When I graduated with my Masters I said I would not walk again at graduation until I obtained my Doctoral Degree.  Truth be told I would have stuck to my guns, except the Barksdales who funded this program, like for us to walk, and walk we all did.  All of us except one who decided that he didn't want to leave his six week old at home with one parent and he sat out.  Normally I would have been envious, but this was a really nice time to be with our group.  
 We have been the smallest group to come through the Principal Corps and I think it has been to our advantage.  With such a small group we have gotten to know each other pretty well in the last year.  And graduation was a nice time to sit together and celebrate together.

 Getting ready to walk into convocation I remembered that although I despise convocation my mom says it is her favorite part.  She loves seeing the different schools come into the grove and she says she sits back proud that this was "her University."  I tried to remember that as I walked in, but sadly I was most thankful for technology and wondered how I had made it through two other graduations with out and iPhone.
 The girls of the group.  We have not only had the smallest group but also we had the first group the guys outnumbered the girls.  
 Cullen was a dear showing up with a golf cart to transport us right after the ceremony since it began to rain.
 Of course my mom was there.
And Cullen's parents came by on their way to the baseball game.
Three degrees down...one more to go.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers