Saturday, June 22, 2013

Five Months

 A lot is going on with this cutie.  He has learned he can suck on his toes when he can work and strain to get them to his mouth.  He can sit with out support for a good while. He weighed in at a whopping 19 pounds 9 ounces.  He is in a size three diaper and his clothes are 6 month or 6-9 month.  He has not one care about rolling over anymore.  He has found his voice and if we were wanting to we would count his first word as hey, but I think Cullen and I are waiting for a Da Da or Momma.  He has cried both of these but not over and over, so we don't count them I guess.
He is not into sleeping at all these days.  He doesn't mind a nap, but he loves a nap when you hold him.    Much like his night time sleeping.  We put him down at 9 and usually by 11:30 he wants some reassurance we haven't left him for good.  He wants to be fed again at 12:30, which makes me want to pull my hair out.  Then at about 2:30 he wants to be sure we haven't left him, and at 4:30 he stirs and at 5:30 I usually give up and just feed him again so that he sleeps when Cullen and I are getting ready.  Yes, I am tired.  Yes, I have been at the point of tears in recent weeks. Yes, Cullen and I take "turns" but let's get real...Cullen gives him a bottle during the night and his duty is done on his night.  All of the other stirrings and feedings his mine, so let's just say Jett and I are friends by morning light.  
I could make excuses about why and how he went from being a good sleeper at night to this, but I won't, I will take the blame and I will covet your prayers as I spend the next month figuring out how to make this boy sleep.
Thank the Lord he is cute, or he would be in Cullen's words, "put out with the garbage."

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers