Friday, February 23, 2018

Crausby Carter Delivery

 We went to the hospital on Thursday morning and were there by 5:30 to get things started.  They got my IV put in and started fluid and pitocin by 7.  Dr. Young came by about 8:30 and broke my water.  
 My contractions started to become intense and by 10:30 I told Cullen to get my name on the list for the epidural.  To keep my mind off things he was like...ok I'll just talk to you.  So mid contraction he asked how my dissertation was coming along.  I could have killed him.  Instead we started playing Heads Up the Ellen game show on our phones.  Mom came over and sat nervously to the side.  And Megan made it just before lunch time.  She left to meet her mom for lunch and the nurse came in just about 12:30 to check me and said, wow your are ready.  I had a freak out.  The nurse walked out of the room and I started crying.  Cullen was in shock, like what is wrong? I just was overwhelmed.  I thought it was going to be closer to 4 when I had the baby so with it being earlier, I didn't have my mind right.  Meagan made it back in time for me to start pushing.  Cullen's parents and my aunt and uncle rotated in and out to visit before it got to time to labor.  It felt like it took forever.  In actuality he was with us by 2:24.  He was born face up, with more hair than brother had.  
 This was a much easier labor.  Meagan had asked to stay in the room when I got my epidural since she had put a central line in the day before.  Little did I know the nurse anesthetist was going to talk her through the process and then again the second attempt.  I would have loved the staidol like I had before having my epidural with Jett.  I don't remember much of the actual placement, this time I was fully aware.  
 They gave us what felt like an eternity of baby bonding time before friends and family could come in.




 The crew ready to meet the baby.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers