Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Thoughts on the Biggest Loser


For the past couple of weeks Cullen and I have been following the popular TV show The Biggest Loser. I have mixed emotions about this show. At first I resisted liking the show because I thought it was annoying... each week you see the same people weighing in week after week and all that crying and sweating got on my nerves. I don't know what made us watch it when we did, it was probably because we watch Big Love on Sunday, Jon and Kate plus 8 on Monday, Jon and Kate reruns on Wednesday and Tuesdays were free for us...so we started watching...anyway...we do. So I have these mixed emotions about the show. Here are my thoughts...

1) I think the girls are whiny.

2) I think there needs to be a show call "The Last 20" It would be more relevant to the people who didn't sit on the couch as morbidly obese folks, those people who like me want to lose the 10 to 20 lbs. to get them to their goal weight.

3) Why do they have such terrible music...all those drums and suspenseful melodies...I don't like it.

4) Why now do they put such shameless product plugs withing the show? It gets old...how good can fiber one bars be...i know I've had them...not wonderful

5) Why does Cullen love this show so much? He is like a cheerleader for each person...talking about how much wt. they each have lost...I am like yeah well they got a long way to go...he calls me negative...I kinda am, because I think they are whiny.

6) Why even with all the things I don't like about the show can I not stop watching it??? Why do I continue to shh Cullen when it goes to commercial and the trainers are giving the viewing audience tips...

So we will continue to watch because we are both creatures of habit, and because we each have favorite people we root for. Cullen is pulling for Mike. Not me I love Sione.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I do not watch the biggest loser, but I'm pretty much obsessed with Jon and Kate Plus 8. Did you watch last night? If not, I won't ruin it, but I'll just say I was convinced they were getting a divorce or something.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers