Monday, October 5, 2009

Visit



On Saturday, October 26th, my great uncle came to visit. Uncle Lamar is my maternal grandfather's, baby brother. He has lived in New York City for the last 45 years and when he comes to visit it is like the President coming to town. He does not visit often and when he comes to town my mom has trained me that life as we know it stops to soak up his time with us. I have been to visit him twice in New York and hope to drop by and see him in December when I visit, but it is so neat to hear his perspective on life, the south, and family members I never got to know very well. I was able to dine with him four nights during his stay and was able to host him one night at my home. This very well may have been his last trip to Mississippi and I am so glad we were able to sit and chat.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Glad I got to see you in Nashville. And I like your uncles name!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers