Thursday, August 22, 2013

Seven Months

 Jett turned seven months, seven days before Ole Miss Football Season kicks off.  We have been counting down the days and have worn different school spirited outfits.  I hate to say it, but I'm a bit tired of red and blue.  So I'd be lying if I said the seven month has been easy.  Jett was sick last week and Cullen and I both had head colds as well, so we have all been in a bit of a foul mood.  We went to the doctor last Friday only to find the cough I was worried about was not a thing but on a routine ear check, he had a double ear infection.  I must say that him being sick irritates me.  I guess I figure if I had to suffer through the early weeks of nursing and have kept it up, he should be the healthiest kid on the block.  He was as happy as could be all weekend.  He might have taken an extra nap or two, but for the most part he showed no symptoms of sickness.  Then Tuesday came and the babysitter called, and we were back at the doctor.  We came home with a new antibiotic and I felt like I had a newborn that night.  To anyone who has a child with chronic ear aches: I don't know how you survive. One night like that and I was ready to wave the white flag.  Wednesday afternoon, our old Jett Boy was back.  I am thankful for antibiotics and baby sitters who know how to love on an under the weather baby.
Our sickness made us miss Jett's buddy, Tyler's, first birthday party.  We did make it to the Rebel/Bulldog tailgate for a few minutes and the week before we went to visit Mr. McCarty.  Football season is coming, so I can't wait for month eight.
Still wears a size three diaper.
Weighed 21lb. 4oz. at his doctor's visit.
Has tried several new foods.  
He loves to stand up with someone.  
He says, Ba, Da, and La - no MA :(
His hear is getting a little thicker.
He loves loves loves bath time and if Cullen isn't around he loves to splash.
More than anything he loves an audience.  He will smile at anyone and let anyone hold him.  
He also loves a mirror.


No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers