Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tuesdays at the Tree, a Reflection of a Working Summer

 So I love a tradition.  Luckily I work closely with another administrator that does, too.  So before summer began we said we would try to walk everyday and enjoy Tuesday mornings at Bottle Tree Bakery.  The walking didn't last, but the breakfasts did.  I said before this was my first summer to not have much summer, but thankfully it is over and I'm looking forward to some time next summer already.
 I found that in the summer time, work doesn't mean dressed up with Friday half days.  With summer break comes grunt work such as cleaning storage sheds, and closets.  I enjoyed the change.  It made the days go by quickly and made me feel useful.  

 We held some babies while we worked, too.

 Summer work takes you to the coast and brings goodbyes from tried and true friends, as retirements commence.



 And just like Summer comes, it leaves us and we have to say good bye to our traditions and hello to a new year.
 We also say Hello to new school year resolutions.  181 days with children.  Let's go to work!

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers