Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Celebration

Cullen says that I have celebrated the completion of National Boards more than I probably should have...and truth be told I did probably. When I finished writing all my rough drafts...I celebrated. When Leslie finished hers we celebrated. When I finished revising I celebrated...when I packed three entries I celebrated...When I packed the final box...I celebrated...and when Leslie finally finished and mailed it off we celebrated as we rang in her 27th year of life. Praise the Lord it is finished.



Back to the mailing it in part. It was said that we would pack the entries on the Thursday before they were due on Wednesday. Jeanna, my fellow second grade teacher going through the process and our mentor, Kim met at the school and started the process-it is a process. I packed all but the final entry....I told you I procrastinate I could not do it. I still had a few things to do :)

Oh Les didn't show at the packing party---she procrastinates worse than me.

On Friday Jeanna comes to my room and wants to know if after school I'll be ready to mail. I panic....no I can't I think I need more time...I didn't really I just needed more time with this deadline looming...Like I was a thrill seeker---

I quickly said Saturday morning at 10 we will meet and mail. Okay so Friday I leave school..no rush...go to Oxford and eat with a friend to celebrate being finished...then I went to Bunko- which I could have skipped we didn't even play :( No celebration there:(

Saturday morning I wake at 6 run to wal mart and get ink for the copier and head to my mom's. Why I don't know but in times of crisis...I need my mom and National Boards for this procrastinator is a time of crisis... By 8 I am at the school making final copies and packing my last envelope. I don't seal the envelopes...oh no that would be too final..I have to wait and have Ms. Jeanna for moral support.

At 9 I text her to say let's meet early and do this. With not one speck of makeup on we meet at the downtown post office and make the trek to window. What is comical to this is that this weekend was the weekend the Lion's Club has their annual race. . A year ago I ran that race-I almost died but I ran the race. And a year later I felt as though I had finished an even bigger race...the race to the deadline.

UP the stairs we went to the window. Yes, Ms. Mae, the Saturday P.O. worker was there. She a year ago did this same thing...she obtained her boards for her real job as a teacher. She completely understood. We circled up, held hands, and Mae Mae led us in prayer. Oh yeah National Boards 'ain't got nothing on the big man.' So we took pictures...stamped and restamped the postmark just so we could see it better and tearfully watched as our boxes left our loving arms to be mailed to headquarters. What a relief- Of course I celebrated and I would love to use pictures...but you see I said no makeup...and that means no picture post..sorry

1 comment:

Connie said...

Congratulations, Felicia!!!!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers