Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010


I have always loved Easter. I love all holidays. Cullen says I just like to celebrate...and this is true, but I love a holiday. I get it from my mom. I think I have to have holiday dishes, door hangers, table linens, pillows, set abouts, and even door mats. No matter the holiday I most likely have a tubby filled to the brim with decor. In my next life one of my jobs will be to be a party planner. While I don't like to clean up for an event or after I sure don't mind making sure everything is coordinated.


Back to Easter. I have always loved Easter because I love love love getting a new Easter dress. As a young child even into my early teen years when church had a Sunday morning and evening service I had two dresses one for the morning and one for the evening...becasue after all it was Easter for goodness sake. My mom had a doting aunt that did this for her and she loves to keep tradition going. So to this day my mom and I still go dress shopping and Mom always purchases my Easter dress-I know I'm a little old but she loves tradition like I said...so we keep her happy ;)


When looking for Easter clothing I browsed around and decided Cullen needed a new tie...I picked out a nice pink one and mom through a fit....she just knew there was no way Cullen would wear it...I knew he would...he did.


Easter Sunday morning. Cullen and I exchanged gifts- yes this started when we dated and I hope lasts forever. Cullen is super good about getting me an Easter gift...I still don't know how he forgot Valentine's--- We begin getting ready and Cullen mumbles about him being the only one that would have a suit on in Sunday School...boys---they are so silly, I love to dress up even if I'm the only one- Cullen not so much he is content just to blend in...


So I assured him that at least one other wife would have thier husband in a suit in Sunday School and just like I said it...it was so. As we looked around the balcony I pointed out to him the other men with suits. I took note that there were only about 20 men in suits total-but the ones I knew were Ole Miss grads except for two. Hmmmm. I then told Cullen that I bet all the men with suits on had good mamas that taught them how to dress and wives that enforced it... He nodded his head and said okay.


Easter is not about the clothes you wear I know that more than any one. Worship can happen in a tent, a sanctuary, or anywhere...I know that, too. But I find that time and time again so many people look for what is easy about church and whats comfortable. My uncle has always said give of your best to the Master. So as for the Pollards we will dress in the best we have and at this time that isn't jeans. If someday it is then we will wear that, but for now we are blessed.


After church we went to my uncle and aunt's home for lunch and then off to Oxford to visit with Cullen's kin. It was a wonderful afternoon spent with family and friends.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers