Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Anti Abner's



I have always loved Abner's. Mainly because I don't eat meat off a bone and so I know I can go and get exactly what I want...chicken tenders. Recently my mom and I ran in the Tupelo Abner's for a quick bite. As we walked to the counter no one was there to greet us but through the pass through window I could see two or three guys standing around talking. I made eye contact with them and still they continued their conversation. A few seconds later a young girl bops out from around the kitchen laughing an giggling...headed our way. She stops turns around and chats back and forth through the pass through window to the boys. As she talks she inflates one of the carry out bag and pops it...still never acknowledging us...


-A t this point I need to tell you that my mom rates food service. She takes it very seriously and can become offended very quickly. While I had been easy to this point I began getting a little upset.


Finally the girl looks and from across the counter (never moving toward us) she said, "Yall ready to order?" I told her we were and then---brace yourself Hospitality Management Graduates---she grabs a towel and yells through the store---"I'm going to clean tables" and she leaves us standing there, wallets in hand, mouths watering....


Mom and I turn on our heels and leave. I wasn't through with it, Mom was, but I wasn't.


So on the way home I put Oprah's No Phone Zone to shame. I googled Abner's Tupelo, got the number and called up there. The manager was off duty so I asked for her cell number. I then call her at home or wherever she was at the time. I then told her the story and told her that I knew who Abner was, I knew his ex wife Karen, and I even knew who he dated-I would not be afraid to facebook and email whomever I needed to to let them know I was not happy with my service.


At no point in time did I want someone to lose their job, but that is out of control. In this economy no business wants to see money walk out the door. Well, the next day I left on vacation and when I returned home I had a gift certificate waiting on me. But how on earth can I use it? They will know I'm the girl that complained. My mom says she won't go back...but I do love tenders so Cullen and I may go sometime...I'll let you know how the service is....

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers