Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last Week

Last week was a whirl wind of busy-ness. Ok, so we came back from out west on Saturday, June 5. On Sunday the 6th we worked with to create our Vacation Bible School room. I can say that our kids might not have gotten our best efforts we were tired and questioning why we signed up to help after just getting back in town. Each morning bright and early we (my friend Emily and myself) along with another one of our Sunday school girls, Jennifer taught all the vbs kids missions. All week from 8:30-11:15 I was at church. Each afternoon I managed to squeeze in a nap and then study just enough for my upcoming National Boards Assessment. Friday I took "THE TEST." Most likely I didn't study enough. I only studied about 10 hour total, but I prayed and I pretty much contacted anyone that I thought might be talking to God that day and had them praying as well. And funny thing about that prayer....it worked. Let me give you a run down of the day....
I woke about 5:00 a.m. -showered and got ready knowing that I would test better if I looked presentable...right?
From 5:30- 6:30 a.m.- I crammed all the last little bits of knowledge into my head.
6:30- I left to pick up my friend Leslie- you see she has a tendancy to run late all the time and since this test was important I needed ample time to get to her house and wake her up and still get to the test if necessary.
I get to her house she is outside waiting on me. As we drive to the test we quizz each other, followed by telling each other we don't even care how the test turns out....followed by telling each other we can't wait for it to be over, praying we pass.
7:15- we pull into the parking lot and pray together- get out of the car have a mini photoshoot and then proceed into the testing area.
We sign in- get palm- vein scanned, and begin testing---yes at this time I come closer to passing out than I ever have....tunnel vision, sweaty palms..
7:35 sit down to test and begin the process of putting my thoughts on the computer as fast as I can.
Before I knew it, it was over and it was scary how unstressful the test was. Les and I were probably the most extatic girls to ever finish that test....hugging, and singing the Hallelujah chorus. It was great ending to a busy week.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers