Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rain Rain

I am so ready for the rain to move out...As a girl with naturally curly hair this humidity is doing a number on my good hair days which as we move into the summer days will become fewer and fewer in number.
Also this rain is not fun for my cake decorating days either. I hate delivering cakes in the rain, and as I have started working more and more with fondant I surely don't like the humidity as it causes the fondant to droop and sag...
Yesterday I journeyed to Oxford in the rain with my two favorite seniors, Anna and Meagan, along with "Mrs. Koon" as they call my friend Kim. We shopped around the square and found refuge from the storm in Boure. A fun time in the wet weather.
Today I am procrastinating making a sign for church tonight and not wanting to get all my paints and stuff out. But duty calls and I am ready to get it over with... so I'm off to paint. Then I've been wanting to sew some things.
Happy Rainy Sunday.
---random memory----
Thinking about this rain and being in Oxford yesterday reminded me that every morning when I was venturing to find a parking place in the rain Clint Black's song "I Never Liked the Rain" always seemed to play on the radio. And for now and forever I think I will always hum that song when it rains like it has been doing the last few weekends.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers