Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quotable Quote

"Felicia, if you'd just do what I say do you would be perfect!". Yes, my mom told me this tonight followed by saying "you should be just like a sponge and soak up my wisdom". All this was said after she pointed out how I boiled noodles wrong, baked a cake wrong, loaded the dishwasher wrong and several other things that were wrong! I have told my mom several times that it might be easier to live with the Miss America panel of judges- she laughs and says yeah well I'd have you more prepared! She swears she gained her wisdom from her mother-- I question that-
When told nobody is perfect she replied, " well some of us are closer than others". Heaven help me she has an answer for everything!
I liken our relationship to not one like Shelby and Melyn but one more like Claree and Ouiser- " I love her more than I love my luggage!
I'm off to soak up some sarcasm--

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Wayne Carter said...

Ah...the give and take twix mother and daughter. You would do well to soak up all the wisdom she has to offer. Of course, that would be a lot easier if you first coated yourself in Teflon to shield you from the ever present criticism. But, she comes by it honest, in that our Mom was a bit hard to please. Meanwhile, consider you do an awfully lot of things right, and you may quote me the next time my sister gets on your case.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers