Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Scrapbook Lesson Learned

I have a very difficult problem with telling people NO.  I usually will work myself into a frenzy working on cakes, clothing, and just about anything people ask me to do.  Well, when I was asked to create the Woman's Club scrapbook, I of course said, sure.  Well, most people would work a bit at a time and make sure it stayed up to date...but remember that isn't me.  I am a procrastinator.  I put off everything until there is NO more time.
 I had a vision for the book this year, since the previous scrapbook chair had pretty much dictated how she wanted it to be themed, I stuck with her suggestion, but I put my spin on it.  For a long time I had been wanting to work on my watercolor painting skills and with the theme of Air Travel on the horizon I thought what a perfect mesh...I would create watercolor airplanes for each month and then luggage for each special project.  I loved how it turned out.  I even practice my calligraphy to give it a bit of pizazz.
 While I painted away, my friend, Joanne, helped tape everything in place.  She was a huge help keeping it all organized.  I turned it in with little time to spare and eagerly awaited to see if we placed.  We NEVER place in scrapbook, which is why I had volunteered or agreed to help.  And right after the book was handed over I was called and asked if I would mind giving my talents to another possible committee since I was so busy with school.  I must say I was a bit upset.  While it was not my absolute best effort, it was in fact better than years past.
 And once it made it back from the District meeting, guess what....we had won second place.  Yeah, ask me not to help again....that's okay at least we placed.  I would love to say I have learned my lesson and I will be staying out of all committee commitments, but I know that once they ask, I will most likely agree to help.
Just maybe not with anything artsy...I don't think my style was fully appreciated.  To each their own.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers