Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hair Bows or Bow Ties ???


So I began planning my Gender Reveal right after my friend Leslie had her party.  I knew school would be starting up and that my time to think about it would be limited.  So I found a super cute invitation online and had my brother recreate it for me.

I woke up the morning we were to find out and couldn't sleep, so I made a door hanger and some bunting to decorate the dining room with.


My mom helped with the flowers, the girl side of the buffet she used a planter sent to her when she was born by an aunt and uncle.  On the boy side she used my brother's pewter cup.
 

Because I didn't do a board for people to tally their thought of boy or girl, I found a cute little photo booth kit at WalMart, so I had people take pics in front of the backdrop using props for a boy or a girl.
   

I couldn't decide on food that was blue or pink, so I did girly dips and fruits and for the boyish fare we had barbeque sliders and pasta salad.


We used cupcakes to spread the news.  I put colored filling in the cupcakes and decorated the tops with question marks.



As the moment drew near people were really excited to find out.

 
My mom was super excited about it being a little girl.  And Ms. Bridget,  in the gray shirt with the blonde hair, pictured above, was equally excited.  




We were so thankful to have friends and family around us as we shared the news.  Both Cullen and I were super exhausted that night and I slept like a rock.  I went to bed dreaming of ruffles and ribbons and woke up the next morning with vision of chandeliers and china patterns.  Oh girl, this little baby doesn't have a chance to be anything but girly, her hair bow collection has already gotten a great start.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers