Wednesday, August 29, 2012

School Gender Reveal

Okay, so I kept being a pregnant a HUGE secret from pretty much everyone I could, and I must say that I loved every minute of my secret keeping.  I just had this idea that it was a private thing and while I could not display it I wouldn't.  So of course my job is that I work with about 200 women on a daily basis, I have to dress up most of the time, and some of my day I spend making small talk and idle conversation.  When are people most likely to drop a secret...when they make small talk.  When is it hardest to not show... when you wear dress clothes.  And who are the most observant people you know...elementary school teachers.
So to bust the news to the staff...I decided I would make a game of it.  At faculty meeting one Wednesday, I decided to present to the staff for the first time since taking my new job.  
I stood before the staff talking about how we would spend the year looking at data and identifying trends.  I looked at a room full of weary teachers thinking oh Lord- one more thing we are going to have to do.  With the help of Ms. Babb, I rolled out my poster...saying that we would graph public opinion as the first data collected...so What would Baby Pollard Be? A Commodore Quarterback or a Commodore Cheerleader.  Then the day after finding out I made blueberry and strawberry muffins for the teachers just as  happy for participating.


To alert the office staff I used the cupcakes from the night before.  I let them dig in to find out what exactly we would be having.


Ms. Babb was ready and willing with her pink on for her little surprise.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers