Sunday, August 12, 2012

He is 70

 My uncle Wayne shares a birthday with Elvis' death day.
 And this year he will turn the big 70.  It is shocking to me that he could be 70, in my mind he seems so young and 70 really doesn't.  My cousin, Rayanne came to Pontotoc from Florida, and spent the last two weeks planning his party.

 The theme of the party was through the decades and his cake was decorated by my mom with cookies that represented several times or important hobbies he has loved through the decade.
 My mom has spent the last two weeks doting on her great niece Katherine.

 Daisy was at the party and was held by every family member in attendance I believe.
 Most people think my brother and my cousin resemble...when they were little it was the red hair they both shared, but now...not so much.

 While Uncle Wayne rocked away the time, he listened to others recount stories of his life and their memories of him through the years.
 The room was packed with friends, family, and coworkers of years gone by.








 His grandchildren


He is years young in my eyes and I am so happy that he is still smiling at seventy.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

love his cake and that Ole Miss rocker! So special!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers