Sunday, May 25, 2014

Intern

It seems odd that with only two years of experience under my belt in administration higher powers would give me an intern, but the stars aligned for me, and they did.  I knew all summer and first semester I would be gaining an intern second semester, but I kinda put that out of my mind.  As January rolled around I thought of ways to keep someone busy.  My intern, Haley, found plenty of ways to busy herself.  We raced from building to building, room to room observing.  We worked out schedules, talked through scenarios, and planned our lives with to do lists.  We shared an office, lunches, and responsibilities.  While driving to work Friday, I received this text.  I laughed out loud.  I am known for carrying about 5 bags in and out of school each day.  I can't seem to survive my day with any less.  I even downsized a computer bag, and yet I can't do it....I have to have a gazillion bags.  Teachers and students alike have made comments on my bags and the fact I'm usually racing in the door with my bags and heels on.  Yes, my feet hurt, but I can't do it.  I feel like a stump in flats.  I just love a wedge.  So getting this text Friday let me know that I may not have taught Haley, how to practice data based decision making each and every day.  I may not have modeled meticulous attention to time on task, but I have taught the gal how to pack and how to style.  You can take the girl out of teaching,  but you can't take the teacher out of the girl

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers