Friday, October 24, 2014

Separates Stressout

It's been well known since before we knew Jett Boy that he would not be in two piece outfits until he was two.  Cullen has only a few times made comments about it, and most people just go with it.  My thought process is simple.  Childhood is a journey not a race, and Jett will wear polos and khakis soon enough, and once he does he will wear them forever.  There are only a few short years that it is acceptable to put boys in bubbles, collars, and jon jons and I plan on making the most of each one.
  
I found a sweet little two piece outfit in the back of Jett's closet that he was about to outgrow and one afternoon after the sitter I tried it on him.  He just almost went in to full panic.  The fact his tummy was easily accessible really sent him over the edge.  He kept pulling at his sweater to try and make it touch his knees.  My first alarm went off, I might have warped my child.  I just made note we would have to do a two piece transition as we inch closer to age two.
The next day I found him with the sitter with each snap of his Jon Jon un done.  I thought for a second she must have just changed his diaper, I quickly snapped him up and raced out the door.  We had to make one stop before going home and I realized he had not only taken his shoes off he had begun unsnapping himself.  Ahhhh.  Snapped back up and headed home I heard him yell for me.  I looked back to find both legs naked and his jon jon around his waist.  I quickly told him to snap it back and the look he gave me could have knocked me dead in a second.
This weekend he was okay and we haven't had any snap issues, but in my mind I know I'm on borrowed time.  Three months until I make my goal, surely I can hold strong for the sake of Southern style.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers