Sunday, April 5, 2009

Why Bobby Why?


Just this year Cullen and I have been watching Nascar together. Yeah I know it is pretty redneck, but we like it. Cullen got in this fantasy league and so we began watching it. Well since high school I have always liked Bobby Labonte. Cullen tried to tell me he isn't good, but I like him. The first race we watched together my boy came in fifth. Yeah I know it was a landmark finish for him and that in that same race he ran second the whole time and then dropped back to the five spot, but it was all I needed to keep liking him. Cullen yells each race for the boys he has racing that day like Busch, Johnson and Hamlin, but not me I am still a 96 fan.

Today, Labonte showed just how Murphy's Law applies to him. If it can go wrong it happens to him. Everyone misses the wayward car...he hits the wall, somebody brakes he hits them. I think if this keeps he won't be picked up next year... and darn it, that is when I want to go to Bristol and see him race. Keep your fingers crossed for me and maybe say a little prayer for Bobby, I know I'd appreciate it, he might, too!

2 comments:

McMillen Family said...

Justin and I are huge NASCAR fans. His mom is a Bobby Labonte fan as well. The first year she started watching racing, she picked him because he had the ugliest color car (bright green). He won the championship that year! She prides herself in picking the winner! Justin and I have been to Talledega and are looking at Atlanta in the fall. It is going to be the first Atlanta night race!

Katie said...

Well, I don't like Jr. exclusively. I like casey kahne and jimmie johnson too. I DO NOT like kyle bush.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers