Monday, July 26, 2010

Meagan is Eighteen and Elvis is still Dead


July 1st my sweet friend Meagan turned 18. Think back and remember that feeling...you know when you turned 18 and nobody could tell you anything...because you were 18 ready for college and to take on the rest of your life. Yeah well she is a much more planned out 18 year old than I was...she is nothing of a procrastinator...nope she has even visited the graduate school she wants to attend and knows exactly the right plan of classes for her based on her gpa and a.c.t. score. I am sure she learned all that from me....ok really her mom is that planned and prepared, too.





Over the years I have gotten to spend many a birthday with Meagan, but this year takes the cake. We started her birthday celebrations with a surprise party at Vanelli's. I would say about 30 of her closest friends and family showed up to surprise her the night before her big day. The next morning for her birthday Ms. Julie, Meagan and I headed to Memphis. You see Meagan has had a slight obsession with Elvis since she was about five. I think she has been to Graceland about 6 times, Sun Records the whole thing. She couldn't think of a better way to ring in her birthday except to tour the King's home. I must confess I have been to Graceland 3 times in the last 4 years. No, it hasn't changed but each time I go I love it a little more. This time I was able to take pictures so I could come back and relive the experience.
I love love love this stained glass window. It makes me happy each time I see it.

This coat is in the raquet ball room...and yes I cry when I walk into this room every time. It isn't a sob like I have witnessed others doing...just a few tears.

I had never noticed this paper on the bathroom walls of Gladys and Vernon's room. They also had her mirrored closet open for viewing of clothes. Maybe I just missed it before or maybe it was 'new' exhibit...I'm leaning toward me not noticing it.

I would love to know if any of my two readers love Elvis like we do...or have a Graceland experience you'd like to share.

3 comments:

Marci said...

Felicia, my whole family loves Elvis! My dad seriously goes around singing his songs all the time. We've been to Graceland an embarrassing number of times ourselves. My mom and I have matching Elvis ornaments that go on our Christmas trees... you get the point! lol...

Felicia said...

marci...i have a gold tcb lightning bolt necklace with fake diamonds...yes I have sported around town in the last seven days....is this a problem?

Marci said...

hahaha I love it :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers