Friday, July 8, 2011

In the next few days Cullen and I are going on a trip.  I have been praying for his trip for sometime.  Long before Cullen and I knew each other I prayed I would marry a man that would love serving the Lord, a man who loved church like I do, and would step out of his comfort zone to serve.  While it is extremely comfortable for me to talk to anyone and natural for me to go and do, Cullen is not so comfortable doing all this.  This spring he was invited on a mission trip with our church.  Not just any trip, but one that was specially picked by our pastor, with a team that had been prayed about, one that I was not invited to go on.  It was an athletic, mission trip.  I'm not athletic.
On Tuesday they conference called with the church and found there was a need in the youth for non athletic ministry...you know other stuff...arts...crafts...
Arts and crafts are right up my alley...I can craft with the best of them..and Wednesday Brother Ken called Cullen to see if I could go.
I had plans- for Destin and Britney Spears and New Orleans with my best friend.  We had planned for one of our family unit to go...we budgeted for Cullen...
This trip I had prayed about, and sulked about not going, and worried about Cullen flying without me...I had come to a peace about.
God had other plans.  He is working His plan.
Cullen will spend the night in Memphis tonight and fly out tomorrow morning at 5:30 to St. Thomas with the team.
Through the generosity of Cullen's precious parents I will be flying out Sunday morning with Brother Ken, we both have weddings tomorrow and couldn't leave with the team.
Please pray for safe travel to and from our destination.
Pray for the 75 children we will serve.
Pray for health for our team.
Pray that God will use the humble hands of our team to help further the Kingdom.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers