Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bama

 I will be the first to say that I am not a HUGE sports fan.  I enjoy the social aspect of going to the events, but as far as caring about winning or losing... I just can't.  Being married to Cullen though has me worried about winning and losing only because the victories or defeats directly impact his mood, which in turn directly impacts mine.  With that being said, the non sports fan in my does love SEC sports to a degree.  I would like to go to all the SEC fields at some point and when we were given the opportunity to go to Alabama this year I was all for it.  Not being but about 22 weeks pregnant I knew the drive wouldn't be that bad and I had some specific shopping I wanted to get completed while in Birmingham.
 The following list is of observations made from my experience.
1- We sat above the lights, I'm not quite sure Ole Miss even has seats above the lights, but Bama does and oh dear Lord the walk to my seat almost put me in preterm labor.
2.- I firmly believe that Nick Saban sold his soul to the Devil and when the Lord comes again, the Bama football field will open on the 50 yard line and consume him.
3.  They are proud of the all their championships...they said the word championship about 400,764,321 times in the pregame spill.
4.  Their band is really, REALLY good.
5. After 30 minutes in my seat, I look over to see my dear friend Joanne making her way up to the row in front of me over one section....it really is a SMALL world.
Would I go back?  Yes, while I think their fans are country and from the backwoods, it was a neat experience.  Will I ever be a BAMA fan.  No!  WAR EAGLE Baby!

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers