Wednesday, October 24, 2012

26 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 26 Weeks
Size of baby:  The size of a cucumber- but I use this analogy loosely, since I have never seen a 2lb 15 inch cucumber, but there you go with the baby book information.

Maternity Clothes: Okay so I still wear my new maternity pants one day a week and I wear my regular clothes the other days.  I can still button at least one button on most of my dress pants, and my shirts are baggy enough to conceal most of the bump.  Today I have a shirt on that it is impossible to deny the belly is out.

Gender: Girl 

Movement: Baby Girl Pollard is moving like crazy and then she goes through spells where she will be super still.  About 8:30 every night she thinks it is time to play.  This past Friday I was driving home and about her usual time she just had a dance party…I told her to settle down we would be home for her Daddy to talk to her in just a minute, and just like I always do…she gave me one more good kick before she got still.  God be with us and our strong personalities, the terrible twos should bring lots of laughs.

Sleep: I am down to requiring about six good hours of sleep these days, a big jump from my 8-10 I have always needed in the past.  Call it nesting or insomnia, but I awaken with thoughts of folding clothes and I close my eyes with visions of my next day’s to do list.

What I miss: I miss people asking about me and how I am.  Don’t get me wrong, this is a big part of who I am going to be for the rest of my life, but I want people to ask about my work and my latest projects and where I want to go on my next vacation.  Friday, I went to a shower for a friend and it was like every conversation came around to the baby.  I know that is rather obvious but I do wish there was a way I could save a little piece of me.

Cravings: I went to the doctor at the beginning of last week and had only gained three pounds.  That was a vast improvement from the month before, but I could do better on eating a bit healthier.  I don’t go back to the doctor until 30 weeks so I hope to keep the weight gain down again and I’ll be happy.

Symptoms:  The back pain and chest pain is MUCH better.  This weekend while moving some furniture I hurt my back and walked a little funny for a day and a half, but I’m happy to say I’m much better and other than ordinary tasks being a bit of a hassle, I’m doing well.

Best Moment this week: starting to work on Baby Girl's room.
Hopefully before SCP gets here Cullen will learn to use our camera.  This particular morning we were rushed and it was morning, he doesn't do well in the morning...bless him with his finger in front of the flash...

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers