Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Door Knobs

With the baby's arrival coming up, our home needed a few updates.  When we moved in, we basically redid our kitchen and upstairs bathroom, and then we were so sick of not having our home to ourselves that we stopped and did nothing for a long while.
When we bought our house it had been foreclosed on and one issue with that is that the owners who vacate often take anything they can recoup their investment from or reuse in a different house.  For our home the previous owners took light fixtures, shower heads, door knobs, and just to be difficult the shoe molding in one bedroom.  So we replaced the downstairs with glass knobs, but since we never really used upstairs it fell by the side and we never really did anything.
One day in October Cullen texted me this picture and said "We have door knobs."  He had come home from work early and was installing all the knobs upstairs.  The following is the conversation that followed once I saw the message after afternoon dismissal was over.
I replied- Woo Hoo!
Cullen- I'm locked in the upstairs bedroom Please help!!!! Seriously
FBP- How are you locked in?
Cullen- Door won't open.  The latch is caught and won't open.  The screws to take the knob off are on the other side of the door.
FBP- Which bedroom?
Cullen-Baby's room.  Nevermind, I got it. Found a pocket knife under the sink.

So I am literally laughing my head off as this conversation is going on.  One reason is that I just imagine him locked in, and then when I reread my responses I think, he has to think I am a freaking idiot, but I had reasons for them all.  Knowing the room was important because if he was in the baby's room, he had a bed to lay on, a bathroom to use, and a tv to watch, so I wasn't too worried.

I then became disturbed that he found a pocket knife under the sink, I had just the weekend before cleaned out the cabinets, and after reading that had to rethink my parental knowledge if I left a knife under the sink.

At the time it was the funniest thing ever, and still when I reread the texts I laugh, thinking how helpless Cullen must have been, and how I bothered him with with questions that he must have thought were crazy.


No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers