Sunday, January 10, 2010

Help!

I need an intervention! Since hearing of our snow days Thursday I have not left our comfy couch for longer than 4 waking hours at a time. No this is not being slothful...ask any teacher snow days are like God's little gifts not to children but to teachers. It is a time for hibernation and renewal.
Cullen stayed home and also needed an intervention from the couch.
I spent all of Thursday with Cullen on the couch watching tv, blogging, or napping. Friday I repeated the Thursday fun to only leave and get the soup my mom made for us and then returned to the couch. Saturday I spent the morning on the couch entertaing Cullen's sister and her boyfriend Dave...did you even know one could entertain guests without leaving the couch....well you can when your husband fixes breakfast and everybody plays Tiger Woods on the Playstation....No Martha Stewart here... Then my mom and I made our way to Tupelo for some shopping...yes I got what I have been wanting for sometime the Pioneer Woman Cookbook. I have been stalking her our for sometime now on her blog and I braved 'icy' roads just to get this cookbook...She makes me want to live on a ranch and homeschool kids I don't even have or want...and cook and take pictures of cows and mustangs...I know crazy how a cookbook can make you want to do that...
...oh but don't worry...I was back on my couch in less than four hours...because it was cold and I needed to be lazy in the comfort of my home...where was Cullen oh, he was having fun underneath our house... we had a frozen pipe that my very own Bob Villa and his lovely apprentice (his dad) braved the cold and took care of...
a woman's work is never done...because as I called to check in while they were working and I was being called by my comfy sofa to come home...I found that while they warmed the pipe...all of our water had been cut off....so what is a girl to do...call the mayor that's what... he wasn't home so I then called the water department and left a message...then I called a coworker who told me to call the fire department...so I called my friend and teaching partner Ms. Bridget whose son is a fireman and got their number...then I called Mr. Floyd and made fast friends and he let me know four pipes had busted in town so it would be on a little later when they were finished working....I asked how come they didn't tell folks the water was being shut off and he said...because it would be too much trouble to let everyone on the block know about it... I smiled and said thank you...I am the only house on the block...but don't worry because by the time I was home...they had turned it back on...and I didn't have to be busy with that worry anymore...I just got to go and sit on the couch and lounge around...nice very nice... then Cullen and I went to dinner with Leslie and Bill and then came home right back to our comfy sofa until 8:30 when it was time to go to bed....because I am not sure if I have told my faithful readers all two of you this before but even though we live smack dab in the middle of the city we go to bed with the chickens...Stay warm on comfy sofa near you!

1 comment:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers