Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sister/Friend

Let me tell you about my sister/friend. As many of you know I have always thought I would have been a great ONLY child...funny because I am the baby and had no real say in the matter. Well, the Lord works in mysterious ways...and while I have always enjoyed being the baby...In the last 13 years He has shown me that while being the baby is a great and wonderful place in the birth order there is nothing like 'siblings'. Oh, I have three- a half sister (39), a half brother (37) and a real brother that I grew up with (30) but it is Meagan, my sister/friend that has really been the sibling I didn't know I needed until I realized I wouldn't be me without her. I call her my sister/friend. She is an only child...lucky dog :) and since she was 6 and I was 15 she has been my summer 'responsibility'. I use that term very loosely. As I write this I think I should save this post for closer to her graduation...but what the heck...I'll keep writing. For a few summers it was a job...I babysat her from 8-5 two or three days a week...she was like no other child I had ever babysat...while I floated around on a pool float she would ask if I wanted the radio station changed or if I need anything...she won me over in a week flat ;) As summers moved on in years I realized that it was like having a shadow a person who thought I could do no wrong...and who doesn't appreciate thier own fan club...right? Well into college I realized that it was the 9 year old on the phone just calling to say hi and she missed me that helped me through. Well I would say it was somewhere during that time that we transitioned into a more family like relationship. Family vacations and Christmas nights spent together, grandparents that aren't mine by birth but that I adopted in as my own Mimi and Didi, and all the other fun that comes with family...


Well, now that you know about her let me say that she is a senior this year, and that Thursday night I bit the bullet and put aside my natural aversion to anything sportsy and went to her Senior Soccer Game. Did I pay attention...well, not really, but was I there...yes and even Cullen came. And did I jump at the chance to take pictures...heck yeah I did...

1 comment:

Joy in the Midst said...

i will say i teared up on that one :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers