Sunday, January 24, 2010

National Board Update and Other Juicy Confessions

So get ready for some truthfullness from me. It pains me to say this but I am a procrastinator. Oh yeah...I know you are shocked about this, but pick up your jaw, swallow and know that while I may run wide open all the time doing little tasks...most of that is me putting off what I am really supposed to be doing....Praise the Lord for a God who SEES me in the middle of my procrastination and distress and loves me anyway...oh and if you like that little shout out to the BIG MAN I can tell you the Hebrew for the God Who Sees Me is El Roi...yeah I am learning a bit in my Beth Moore bible study...

That bible study is even a way in which I am procrastinating...this blog- yep another way. Here was another way On MLK day I decided to clean my sewing room. I have been very blessed in having a room devoted to my hobbies, but I must confess that in my blessing I also have more room to spread out my supplies...sometimes I don't spread out so neatly...And because I do have some pride left I can't show you the before picture, I'll show you the after and leave you to your imagination...and the knowledge that I spent 8 hours cleaning and sorting....you guessed it another way I put off doing my boards...

On Wednesday I finally sat down and got to work. But guess who came by to watch me work? Well my sweet sister/friend Meagan...and she was able to catch me in the madness. While you look at these pics...you may ask yourself why is she sitting on the floor in what looks to be her formal living room. Well, friends, let me confess yet again- in order to work up to my true potential I have to position myself in a room with little to NO internet connectivity. If I don't I will sit for hours just blog stalking and being worthless.
Another Confession...this box came in the mail...postmarked national board...still not opened as I type...it becomes to final once I open...can I get a prayer please..


So here I am with Meagan laughing at me. Yes she took that one of herself. Must be nice to be a senior...footloose and fancy free. Weren't those the days? Let me jump to another subject now...aging...if you are over 25 reading this when did you just gasp as I did when I wrote this??? Kermit the Frog has a book "It Ain't Easy Being Green" well I may write my book "It Ain't Easy Getting Older" I have come to a few conclusions about aging lately...get out your pencil because you want write these down.



1) Wrinkles are coming for you...get a good eye cream

2) The Real World on MTV is not getting more ridiculous...we are just getting older and realize it now.

3) I may have passed my "good" years

4) Friendships are better the older you get.

5) My Bucket List keeps getting longer, and I gotta get moving on all those things I wanna do someday.

and finally

6) The Older I get the Older I want to be when I have children. We are just too young for all that responsibility.

and back to my main confession of procrastination...let's just think about how aging works with that....well to quote one of my mom's former teachers...."I got old before I meant to"

I hope this has brought joy to your day!

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers