Sunday, February 13, 2011

Great Day on the Greens

Well, let me start by saying that Golf is not my sport. Oh how I would love for it to be. Cullen loves it, he enjoys walking the course...yeah carrying bag and all...DOES THAT NOT SOUND LIKE TORTURE? Okay so anyway, I guess I played three times last year. I want to be so good. I want it to be one of those moments that you just start something and have a natural knack for it. So far God hasn't revealed that in me yet. Maybe I should be more patient.
So today when we walked across to church Cullen said he was going to play today. I thought hmm. I should go. Since I spent all of the day in my sewing room yesterday and he hung out in his man cave..the sunshine on the Valentine's weekend would do us good. Now I must say that golf requires me to think of all the things I might need to be good. After my first time last year I went immediately to Tupelo and got a pink golf glove. I need it to be good, and to be taken more seriously.
All I'm good for is about three good holes and then I start getting extremely upset. I have yet to throw a club, but I see how it happens all the time. Okay so since you'd be bored with my rehashing of the score I'll list out now all the things I need to play golf...

-golf shoes- they would def. help
-a new putter- mine as Cullen said after three holes that he really had never had any luck with it... yep, he gets the nice stuff
-I really want a golf skirt- for the warmer weather of course
-some new club covers...mine look skanky- you know considering I bought my pink golf bag complete with 27 clubs for five dollars...at the School of Ed. Yard Sale
- a book about what all those woods and irons are for--Cullen just gives me a number...and says it really doesn't matter since I can't consistently hit the ball.
-golf lessons- from someone that is unbiased
-golf ball retriever- it would keep Cullen from stepping into the water hazard I didn't quite clear and quickly became the last whole I played-


After the first hole I realized that I shouldn't get so frustrated with my inability to play...I should be grateful that I have the opportunity to get better. So to even out my wants, let me give some things I am glad I had on the course today

-1 box of Thin Mints...greatly helped-I'm a stress eater
-New Sunglasses from Christmas- def improved my game
-camera phone to capture the moments of my humiliation-
-1 box of Lemon Girl Scout Cookies to also aid in my frustration



1 comment:

McMillen Family said...

Your golfing sounds like mine. When we moved home from MSU, Justin bought me golf clubs so we could have something to do together. We went every Saturday that summer at 7am! I need almost everything on your list. I told him that the only way I would play with him this summer is if we didn't talk about my golf game at all! If we don't talk about it, then I won't care when I am NO GOOD!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers