Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lend Me Your Ear



This will be a whirlwind post that will catch my faithful blog readers up on the Pollards over the last month that I have not been a faithful blogger.
May is just a difficult time for teachers. Once Easter is over the school year is pretty much put on fast forward- much to the excitement of the students, but also for the teachers.
* The first weekend in May- Cullen went fishing with a friend and some donors in the Delta. He had a blast and I spent time at home baking cakes for some customers. Our friends from Huntsville, evacuated to Tupelo after their power was out, and we enjoyed dinner with them.
* My friends Molly & Barrett moved from Gainesville to Tupelo, and just happened to move right across the street from our friends Cole & Megan.
* May 7th- Leslie and I had our National Boards Pinning Ceremony in Oxford.
* May 12th- My students held their Art Showcase and Silent Auction to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. They raised $531.00 in one hour.
* May 17th my students had their end of the year Awards Day- Which means the day before I stayed at school until 10:00 trying to get everything together. I'm very thankful for my mother, in crunch time always comes through for me- this time she hand wrote 60-70 awards for my students.
I busted out black and yellow to show my school spirit for Awards Day

* May 20th the girls of the class of 2001 got together for dinner and catch up. Most of us were worn out and tired from teaching, but we enjoyed seeing one another and hope to keep a monthly dinner a priority.
April's Girls' Night

*May 23 I hosted a dinner for my Second Grade Teacher friends to celebrate Mrs. Busby, my actual second grade teacher, and her retirement.

* May 25th was the last day at school for teachers. It was also my last day at P.E.S. for at least a year- I'll post more on this another time.
* May 26th- we headed to a 'Teacher Conference' in Gulf Shores

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers