Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pinning Ceremony



This time last year I was getting ready for the National Boards Assessment I took mid June. Earlier in May, because I was part of the World Class Teaching Program, I took part in my pinning ceremony in Oxford. It really was a nice day. My friend, Leslie, and I actually led a workshop to prepare candidates for the upcoming assessment.
Getting ready to lead our candidates in assessment techniques.

Being pinned and photographed by the new Dean of the School of Education.

All of the candidates getting ready for the group photo...note Leslie and I were born ready.

Still ready as ever and the lady in blue next to us, graduated high school with my mom, and just renewed her boards.
My mom, who certified in 1999 was there along with Cullen who photographed the event.

Let me say now...if you are a teacher and have not done the board process...you should. It is the fastest way to get a pay increase. It was a great experience. I wish I could say that I spent hours, dedicated weekends, gave away holidays, and completely consumed myself in the process. Some people do this, I didn't. It is just my personality. I will never be called OCD, oh I want to be successful, but I am one of the most laid back people and procrastinating people you will ever know. I would rather two weeks of stress than put up with a year of doing without. Do it, make up your mind and just say you will commit to doing it...the pay raise is worth it.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers