Saturday, November 3, 2012

27 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 27 Weeks
Size of baby:  The size of a head of cauliflower- just over 2.5 lbs

Maternity Clothes: Still wearing oversized shirts, and normal clothes just with a big belly bump.

Gender: Girl 

Movement: She is has slowed her movements down a bit.  She has days where she is a Rockette and other days when she is as lazy as can be. 

Sleep: I am still getting up early, but a bit of change is that I’m going to bed earlier, too.  So I must say that nearing the third trimester my mind is still racing, but my body can’t really keep up as well.

What I miss: I miss bending over to get something and not making a noise, or sitting down and getting up quickly with no grunt or sigh. 

Cravings: The Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes have made their way to the shelves of WalMart and into my home.  I loved them prior to pregnancy, but dear Lord they are even better pregnant.  I refuse to open the second box, because I know once it is open…they will be gone.  I don’t find myself super hungry like a few months ago, in fact I have started eating a little less, we will see how that works for me on the scale in a few weeks.

Symptoms:  The rib pain is still there, the back pain has subsided a bit, except for this weekend when I was on my feet most of Friday night, Saturday, and all day Sunday.  I sat down Sunday afternoon for about 15 minutes took my heels off and when I went to get up I thought my lower back was going to give out.  It could have been the heels or the all day on my feet, but I felt old and overweight.

Best Moment this week: Dressing up as a pregnant “Sissy” and attending a flashback birthday bash with “Bud” from Urban Cowboy.  I texted my friend and told her to be proud that I was not wearing one item of maternity clothing and from my head to the tip of my boot I felt like a stuffed sausage….the things we do for people we LOVE.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I need pregnant belly pictures.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers