Friday, November 30, 2012

From She to He

Within the first 24 hours of finding out that Baby Pollard was a girl she had monogrammed clothing.
 Within a week she had pink shoes.
 And really precious pink outfits and blankets.

 Her bedding was debated- ruffles or piping?
 Her wall decor was created.
 Her bedding got just a tad bit gaudy, but it made me swoon.

 And I pushed myself to new limits piping and covering a window seat and making pillows.
 My mom jumped on the band wagon and began recovering a bassinet and using tulle of differing pinks.
 The in laws got in on the action repainting this mantle for her changing table to sit in front of a new shade of pink that wasn't chipping like my shabby chic headboard from college.
 Oh and the clothing for the next year, was monogrammed, planned, prepared, and lovingly sewn.




And then...we found out the She was in fact a He.
And within 24 hours Jett had monogrammed clothing.  I won't say that they were not tear stained at first.
 New nursery fabric was ordered.

 And slowly he amassed a wardrobe much like she had but in blues and greens and reds.

  And by the end of Christmas Break I feel sure his nursery will be complete.

1 comment:

caitlyn said...

Fe, I so enjoy reading your blogs. This one has made me smile. Can't wait to meet that sweet boy! His nursery will be the best on the block! :)

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers