Thursday, June 9, 2011

Four Years Toward Forever

I made this slide show for Cullen a few weeks ago and I have been waiting to put it on the blog. Can't believe I'm spending my anniversary here in Oxford and that we will really be celebrating Saturday night. I really can't believe that it has been four years since we stood in the sanctuary in front of family and friends and said our vows. That day will always be magical to me, but looking back it was probably the day we loved each other the least in the last four years. It has taken living as a married couple to understand that you really do love your better half more and more and from the day of your wedding forward. At the time of my wedding, my uncle was publishing a newsletter. He of course wrote about the wedding in his weekly newsletter and his thoughts can be found, here, here, & and here. After returning from our honeymoon in Mexico I remember him saying/writing this and have loved reading it over again...it takes me back to the moment the doors opened to the sanctuary and he gave me away..
"There's a sound generated by hundreds of people moving, almost in unison, from a seated to a standing position that's hard to describe. It included the rustling of cloth rubbing against cloth, of air being sucked into open mouths and nostrils, of feet moving as people turn to face the bride, and of soft whispers of those unable to contain their joy."

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers