Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting a Grip

After my blog on Monday I had a small downward spiral.  Yeah who knew you spiral down even further.  It was a day that really got worse before it began fully.  I woke up to sew and monogram before going to school, guess what happened----yep my monogram machine ate two pairs of bloomers...
Headed to school a little later than planned...my gas light came on...ugh...
Once at school, orientation was happening...meaning no parking places near my dorm room...and little freshmen folks everywhere....and orientation leaders smiling at me...not just any smile though.  Behind the smile is a look of...Wow! She looks older.  Is she a FRESHMAN?  Does she need a hug?  I say the last because with every incoming group of babies...they have a chalked off Hug Box...and if you walk in the area...they wanna hug you.  I look at them and think I'm old enough to be your mom...which I'm not, but I am practicing my looks for my administration days...practice makes perfect.
As I head to class, I'm better...and then in the middle of class when every other person in the class is SO Engaged in learning...I think to myself...what am I doing here?  It was a moment when you think...I could be laying out, I could be doing laundry, I could be unloading a dishwasher, I could give back this computer and go back to my summer vacation....and in the very midst of that panic...I get a text message...and it is from the district office saying my salary for next year was fully funded...yep- no pay cut for the Pollards...at this moment the Heavens opened...God smiled on me and gave me the little pat on the back I needed.  So as you can imagine...my attitude changed a bit.  I got a grip and realized that I was fortunate, lucky, and on a path that God had led me to and was on with me.
Now, to say that I'm back to not being crazy- hahahahahaah Cullen would laugh that might never happen, but I am coping with the longings to be by a pool during optimal tanning hours.  Some of my methods to cope-  you all know I'm a stress eater...so don't worry I am walking and going to the gym...but I am also making sure all my friends here are well fed, too.
My mom has come to visit for time away from school...


Meagan is here to study alongside me for a couple days.

.
And this my friends is me staying flexible...literally.  We have these crazy heavy doors to our dorm rooms that are unlocked with these little white cards.  Meagan was down the hall in a study room and needed my key to get in the room because she would be staying up later...my roomate was studying in the room next to our dorm.  I used her key to open the door propped the door open with my foot and leaned into the study room to throw my roomie's key back to her...this was my stance...and yes, it was a moment to be captured.  So the smile was forced as it was after midnight when it was taken...was followed by hysterical laughing...Life is Good in Oxford.

1 comment:

BrigitteBordeaux said...

too funny.....we hope to see you while you are here!!!!!!!!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers